4 large cucumbers
½ cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup fresh dill
2 tablespoons dried tarragon
1 avocado (optional)
6 scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 cup vegetable broth
1/8 cup virgin olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 cup Greek yogurt
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1). Peel, split lengthwise and remove seeds. Then chop into small pieces.
2). Chop the parsley, garlic cloves, dill and scallions.
3) Add to blender: olive oil, lemon juice, and broth. Then add the cucumbers, parsley, garlic, dill and scallions. Then add the Greek yogurt and the avocado. ( Save a bit of dill for top dressing)
4) Blend well on medium speed until veges are pureed, then run on high until mixture is well blended and creamy.
5) Chill either overnight or make it first thing in the morning so it has a good 8 hours or so of chilling time before dinner.
6) Decorate each bowl with a few slices of cucumber, topped by a handful of small chopped purple onion and a sprinkling of extra dill.
7) Voila! Your fresh garden soup is ready. Don’t be afraid to experiment with proportions. Some people like more Greek yogurt, some less like me! Don’t expect to taste the avocado as it gets lost in this recipe, but it contributes to creaminess and nutrition!