We would like to take this opportunity to notify you of the Annual Business Meeting during the ACAM 2016 meeting scheduled in Tucson this upcoming September 15-17, 2016. The members only business meeting will be held on Saturday, September 17th from 12:30PM - 2PM; lunch is included (RSVP required).
As ACAM endeavors to keep up with changes and challenges presented in today's integrative health scene, we have some important business items and elections which will be addressed at the members meeting including:
- Election of Officers nominated by members. VIEW BIOS
- Should you desire to vote by proxy by submitting your vote in writing to the ACAM office no later than September 30, 2016. Address your vote to:
ACAM | Attn: Elizabeth Pullman | 380 Ice Center Ln, Ste C | Bozeman, MT 59718.
- Election of Officer to Executive Committee. More information will be made available prior to meeting.
Additionally, during the Board of Directors and Board Advisors meeting in Tucson, Directors will review proposed changes to ACAM membership categories. Once approved by the board, the new membership categories will be presented to members and provide an electronic vote of the revised categories. These revised categories will be sent to all voting members for comments and review a minimum of two weeks prior to headquarters sending an electronic poll asking for your vote.
- Proposal to change the membership categories to meet today's marketplace. The bylaws currently indicate seven (7) categories of membership which include:
- Active Members
- Lifetime Members
- Note: Active and Lifetime memberships have voting rights. Active and Lifetime members shall have one vote on each matter submitted to a vote of members.
- Affiliate Members
- Associate Members
- Physician in Training
- Adjunct Members
- Corporate Members
The descriptions of each category is defined by the Board of Directors and expanded upon in the Policies and Procedures manual
located, along with the bylaws
, under ABOUT/Overview & Mission page on www.acam.org.
The primary goal is to enhance services ACAM provides to members at a level which meets individual needs. This includes providing opportunities which are personalized, enhancing educational resources, presenting cutting edge techniques with training, and increasing integrative resources. With these important changes, ACAM may continue adding value which matters to members while keeping the ACAM community collaborative and vibrant.
We hope to hear from you as we move towards more productive levels of interaction, understand what you value and help us respond to your needs to not only sustain, but grow, your practice. We will continue to utilize today's technologies to increase the career and networking community.
If you already have an idea, please feel free to email your suggestions to me at Veronica.Haynes@acam.org
or call my direct line 406-522-1309.
At your service,
ACAM Executive Director