How many viruses does it take to get sick?
Simple steps you can take to help your body!
These foundation steps are
critical to building and restoring your immune function. Nothing can
replace the basics. No pill can take the place of what the body needs to
build and repair itself.
Water, Water, Water
- Humidify the air at home and work!
- Stay Well Hydrated! Drink 8-10 glasses daily!
- Handwashing–wash those germs away!
- 7-8 hours average
- 9-10 for people with chronic health concerns
- Sugar paralyzes your white blood cells
- Strengthens your immune system
A Positive Attitude
- "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine”
- Positive attitude boosts your immune function
Foods & Nutrients To Boost Immune Function
- Beans, Nuts (such as pumpkin seeds)
- Vitamin C
- Citrus Fruits, Kiwi, Strawberries, Red and Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Cantaloupe
- Garlic and Onions
- Increase the activity of NK cells and T-helper cells
- Fresh Oregano and Thyme
- Fresh Ginger
- Vitamin D3
- North American Gingseng
This is a great little recipe to try when you feel something coming
on. If it is too strong you can always dilute more and drink more. Take
as you would an antibiotic, ate least twice daily and better if 3-4
times a day.
16 ounces pineapple juice
8-10 garlic cloves (a small bulb of garlic)
Blend well and drink as needed.
Here is a nice little recipe for your own essential oil hand sanitizer. Gentle on the hands, but effective.
Home Made Hand Sanitizer Recipe
4oz glass spray bottle
1 Tsp aloe vera gel
5 drops each of these essential oils:
Cinnamon, clove, rosemary, eucalyptus
10 drops of lemon or wild orange essential oil.
Shake gently and use 2-3 sprays on hands as needed.
For natural decongestant effect crush these fresh herbs and put into a
bowl of hot steaming water, cover your head with a towel, and enjoy the
soothing natural decongestant effects.
Eucalyptus, Thyme, Rosemary, Peppermint
Staying well is a challenge when the cold and flu is raging all
around you, but keeping your immune system healthy by getting the basics
in, like sleep, good nutrition, and staying well hydrated goes a long
way to staying fit and healthy.